Ford oiler cans?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford oiler cans?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

I have seen pictures of a Ford oiler can mounted under the hood of some model Ts.

My '24 lacks the mount but I want one and would like to see pics of examples to help me make good choices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

Oilcans

By the way, I've bought this many oil cans so far but none are Ford.

I'm such a 53 year old kid about these things. Ha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Ford supplied the oil can, but not the holder. The holders were period aftermarket accessories.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/335567.html?1358433531

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ford+oil+can&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2 045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xford+script+oil+can.TRS0&_nkw=ford+script+oil+can &_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=oil+can+holder&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid= p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xford+oil+can+holder.TRS0&_nkw=ford+oil+can+hold er&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Thank You

I just bought the bracket and will begin swapping my cans until I get a Ford one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Chris - Do you mean,....until you "get a Ford one", or, until you CAN "a Ford one", or, maybe BOTH, huh? Ha,ha,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Bwahahaha!

Both!

I spent $120 on a collection of 31 non-Ford cans because I refuse to pay $60 for a Ford can. I can't figure me out, but I'm happy with the adventure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

I have several cans and I haven't bought the holders but went ahead and got 2 off eBay for my cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Mister Thrifty refuses to pay $60 too. The good news is that you don't have to. I think the Ford can I bought at Hershey was $15. Be patient and keep looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Ok
Thank You

The journey is half the fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:23 am:

I have bought ford oil cans from $20 to 35 for a really nice one. Steve is right be patient because there is a lot of them out there. EBay is a good source if you just bid what the can is worth to you. Don't get caught up on the auction. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

OK, state secret now! Caswell plating (just a satisfied customer) sells "Brush Plating" kits, I have one that does copper & nickel. If you have a good can, but lost its luster, clean it up VERY well, polish the steel, then copper plate it with the brush plater. The copper will look uneven at first, but (if you put enough on) a little semichrome or similar polish done gently will make it look like new. Voila! I've even used the system to coat the inside of the oil can to prevent future rust.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration