25 fordor rear door pouch flaps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 25 fordor rear door pouch flaps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McAdam on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Is the 25 fordor supposed to have flaps over the rear door pouch? I've seen reference to 26's have the flaps but can't find anything putting them in the 25. My supposed original has the flaps and before I get into it with my upholstery supplier I wanted to check.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

Mine has them but it's not the original upholstery .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McAdam on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

The car has steel doors and by serial number was probably assembled in July 25 so its a later car. The upholstery in the car is blue and as I have had this for over 50 years I am assuming its the original. Have been unable to locate anything related to door flaps on 25's but have seen several pics on the net of 25's with them. Isn't there anyone out there that knows the answer or is this just another one of Henry's mysteries?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

I have an original unrestored 23/5 fordor with side pockets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Indian Rocks FL on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I have reason to believe that my May of 25 Fordor has an original interior. It's at the other house so I can't go take a pic for you. My interior has aged to mouse brown and well worn but under the flap it is the Confederate Blue/Gray w/blue stripe.

What I found interesting is that the flap is actually weighted and the weight felt like a piece of stamped steel leftover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McAdam on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Thanks for the replies. I think that confirms my suspicions about the flaps. I have read elsewhere that the weight is a piece of left over 3/16 from something else Henry made. Yes, under the flap is a nice piece of bluegray stripped cloth while the outside has faded to dirty brown. Again thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration