Old photos Toronto Ontario - Down by the boardwalk.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photos Toronto Ontario - Down by the boardwalk.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

What wonderful old pics, look at all the old cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

In the second photo (night time shot), I wonder if anyone here can identify a car? In the foreground on the right, it is the tenth car. Some might see it as the ninth car but, you can see the brass headlights of another car peeking out. Car ten has a nicely shaped roof with a port hole on the side. Looks like a fancy car. I bet someone knows what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Dave,
Great pics, thank you for posting. I like really like the night photo. I'm not good at identifying other makes, so I'll wait to see how others I.D. The cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

What a great set of photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Rob, I agree. That photo is pretty clear for a night shot. You can just picture yourself hanging out there on a perfect summer night, much like it is most places right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

NICE! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:13 am:

That night shot IS fascinating! It was a slow film, long exposure. The headlamps of a car backed out from a parking space, and then drove completely out of the scene in the duration of the exposure. There are several other shadows that barely show from people moving in the photo. Near one car, are light streaks that may have been from a flashlight. Interestingly (at least to me), is that particular car has poor definition in the photo of its roof line. My guess would be that the person got out of the car, shaking it, and then walked around the back of the car. Or perhaps he walked around the back of the car first with the flashlight and then got into the car? Near that, a momentary blank in one headlamp streak appears to have been a shadow, maybe a pedestrian blocking the lamp as the car drove by. Maybe the fellow from the other car, but with the flashlight turned off, or facing the other direction. The sharpness and angles of the shadow indicate it was not a loose wire blinking the lamp.
Sorry, I cannot identify the car with the small window. Although a friend of mine does have a Pierce Arrow with similar windows in it. Just not enough detail in this photo of the front of the car (if I am looking at the right car, I do see two cars with interesting small side windows).
Six really great pictures! A few I am fairly sure I have seen before. But they are always worth another look.
Thank you Dave W.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:38 am:

Dave ,
Looks like Sunnyside in Toronto

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:17 am:

Yes Don, that is the Sunnyside area.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration