A full motion CAD video of the Model T engine construction, Unbeliveable.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A full motion CAD video of the Model T engine construction, Unbeliveable.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:45 am:

I have never seen this post on the site before. Please forgive me if you have seen this before. An amazing video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnuRW3qye-A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:39 am:

Pretty cool. Only thing I would have done differently is the cam installation sequence. Note those aluminum pistons. They went to a lot of detail modeling those. AND.....you gotta love the Rolling Stones. Good video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:57 am:

Un-beliveable is right!
I hope no one uses it as reference to assemble a T engine, pistons fitted to the rods right but in the block around the wrong way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Neat video. Given the quality of the production, I don't think it would have been too much trouble to have used the correct helical timing gears for a 26/27 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Further evidence that the younger generation (I'm assuming these were undergrad or grad students) has those who value the lessons of the past with the spirit and enthusiasm of today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

Fred, I am pleased to see that again. It has been posted from time to time but is a little hard to find. Here is what was said the first time we saw it. This may be interesting to read.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/144442.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

The original poster is no longer on the forum. His daughter and her classmates did a wonderful job.

If anyone knows the original poster, please tell him "Thank You" for posting the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

This one is more recent and the first time I saw it. It is a treasure.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/567537.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration