Happy 4th

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Happy 4th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:39 am:

What's everyone's plan for the 4th? We Are cooking out for my adult kids and grandkids. Gonna take them for a ride in my model A coupe and hopefully in the 26 pickup by later in the day, after some maintenance and light repairs. Happy 4th and good times with family and your Ts or A s. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Driving down to Idaho to the family farm where cousins are having an evening picnic. Will also drive over to Twin Falls to see Uncle Lavar who is in the hospital again. He is the principal T guy in the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:58 am:

I had plans to work today, we got about 60 acres of hay down. Was gonna drive my T and then go eat bbq ribs with my friend but it's raining so no work. T has no top so no drive. Hope the ribs are good. At least the fireworks tonight won't catch anything on fire. Should clear up by noon the rain knew it was a holiday and I needed off. Happy 4th everybody!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Not doing much outside, including driving my speedster. Rain all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Here it will be in the low 90's and some passing high clouds.
Watch the fire works from the deck and enjoy the cooler evening.

FAR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, ALSO KNOW AS GODS COUNTRY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Dale, say hi to Lavar for me. What a wonderful guy.
We took the '09 to breakfast and along the parade route before the parade. The parades have gotten tedious for us after 50 or 60 of them but it's always fun to see the folks lined up for them.
The kids and grand kids have been here for a few days. It is crazy fun.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Went to the Dodger Game yesterday. Drove my 2003 Mach 1 Mustang in bright yellow. Took a pretty lady , ate 3 dodger Dogs and had a great time. we won 4-1 Today I will wash all my parts from 3 rear axles to see what I need for my 27 Coupe. Life is great. We live in the best country in the world. Thanks to all who served and those who gave there lives so we can enjoy life as we do, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

4July2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

OH we used to do the 4th up BIG--OK, not so big, I managed the performing arts center so was always stuck there for the community band & chorus concerts on july3 and 4. Would usually get out in time to catch the nearby church's Ice Cream & Pie social and sometimes won something in the raffle. Then we'd go home for dinner, and about 9 pm drive down the road until we could see the fireworks shot over Oroville Dam (we live above the lake). More folks seem to be doing this, and finding a spot to park is becoming difficult--yes you can watch from on top of the dam, but that's a real madhouse of all kinds of people, some of whom may have other reasons to be there.
This year I don't have to be at the theatre anymore, but Linda wants to go to the concert & the social--first time in 15 years I'll have to pay to hear the concert!
However last night I picked up a stomach bug, so we'll see if I do anything today! Did put out the flag on the porch though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

Thinking about getting the steam cleaner going in order to clean the hogshead and oil pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Happy 4 of July we are out heading to the 4 of July parade already have the chicken and ribs on the smoker people will be arriving around 6 then the celebration will start
Everybody be safe and have a good time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

Chris, your picture says it all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Just another day because our granddaughters are not here.
But when they come we will have a celebration.
It is really not just another day I always take time to reflect on what the patriots did for us and a small book by Paul Harvy about Sacred Honor.

Meanwhile We get the oldest granddaughter from next Thursday evening thru Tuesday of this next week while the youngest goes to Tennessee with her mom.

Secret plans have already been made. It will be trip to North Conway. We are staying 2 nights at a hotel with a water slide and plan on a ride up Mt Washington on the Cog railway. On Monday my wife is taking her and her friend (he has been warned) to Canoby Lake Park for a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

I am joking of course. Happy fourth to my neighbours south of the border!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

This morning I took Frank to his first car show. A good 4th of July gathering of cars and a good crowd. Frank was the only Model T there and about 99 per cent of the crowd had never seen a Model T before today. There were lots of smiles and comments of "Oh, really?" when I explained how to drive a Model T, how the headlights worked and how they were cranked. Then I would crank Frank so they could see first hand. The best part was taking a 10 year old little girl for a ride. She smiled the whole way. A truly fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Rob, a Dutch friend of mine remarked on Facebook today that July 4, 1776, was the original Brexit.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Corbett Fourth of July Parade and Funfest!

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Happy Fourth of July from Kingwood, Texas! Attached is photo of us leading the parade in our 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Looks good Mike. Glad to see you back on the road again. Hey, when you have some time can you come over and help my wife polish our brass? Looks like you know what you're doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:15 am:

Installing a new electrical outlet in my shop, I had to go to town for parts. So I clamped a set of Bob's flags on the roadster, took a picture of it, then shot some video of my drive.

https://youtu.be/HPTwooZHx2I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Great video, Steve, thanks for posting it!

Unless I missed it, I didn't see anybody honk or wave - maybe the local folks have become used to seeing you out and about in the T. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Cool post and a good ride. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Steve, great video. Looked like a really nice day for a model T ride!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Sorry about the double post.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Steve, my wife and I watched your video 3 times today. Really good, thanks for taking the time to get that all together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

I think it's a lot more interesting to use a variety of different views than one long shot of the passing scenery with only a small piece of the T showing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Did you have someone with you for the shots that showed you driving by or did you stop, put out the equipment, go back and drive by? I'm sure it took a lot of effort but sure did turn out well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

GREAT VIDEO as always. I noticed you had 5 flags when you started and only 4 when you were driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Dennis - Not sure how Steve was able to drive to town and back with only losing one! For the first time, I install a very similar set of 5 flags on my depot hack the same way. I was afraid to exceed 20mph or so! The whole thing looked like any more "wind" an it would destroy itself! I immediately decided that those little flags are great for parades ONLY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Our first town parade, 4 whole blocks long ending up at the elementary school. Short but sweet. Happy 4th All.

July 4th 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

If I remember my electronics nomenclature, that must be MGK, CGK, LCK and SLK. Nice photo MIke.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 12:39 am:

John, you got it. I put the camera on a tripod, drive by, and go back to get it. I did use a helper on one video, but usually these things are done on the spur of the moment without taking time to recruit an assistant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Thanks Garnet, Right you are. Also present in the rear seat is LK (Lewis) with patriotic bandana collier. He's part black lab and difficult to see. He's always up for a T ride, pacing back and fourth on the rear seat from side to side as we drive along.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration