Timer wobble 1925 pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Timer wobble 1925 pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

I just started my engine for the first time and the timer wobbles.

I have the brush type timer with the brush pushing out on the timer cover.

I will probably order the TW timer tomorrow but is there a fix for the current problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Timer spring strap loose, causes timer case to wiggle.

Or offset front plate, or worn cam bushings causing the cam to wobble some.

Or ill fitting timer case in the flanged opening in the front plate.

Change of type of timer case, and checking front plate position with gage may help the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

The brush is probably too long if it is a New Day style timer. The longer brush bottoms out in the brush holder and still sticks out too far causing the timer to wobble. Shorten the brush a little bit with a file or sand paper and it should stop wobbling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

The cam gear is probably too thick in the middle.

Stephen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration