Happy Independence Day !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Happy Independence Day !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Happy Independence Day to everybody on the forum, especially to my Forum Friends, some of whom I've met, and some of whom I have not met yet! And apologies to Tim Lloid who had the great idea to start the "Happy 4th" thread! I just wanted to start a second one to use the original name of this holiday which is "Independence Day"!

I don't really expect this thread to receive the great response that Tim's did, but I just thought I'd do my little part in trying to convey the message of Independence Day by using it's original name. I don't know, maybe Independence Day really is STILL the proper name, but I just know that there are a lot of folks that unfortunately really do not actually know that this holiday is much, MUCH more than just a long weekend for fireworks, beer and Bar-B-Que! I'm reminded of the old "Tonight Show" when Jay Leno used to go out on the street and "interview" all types of people, some of whom had a sort of what I'd call,.... "shopping mall mentality" and actually had no idea what the Fourth of July holiday is really all about! FWIW,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

-Harold-
You are on point!
Was watching the History Channel about the Revolutionary War, and heard a very meaningful quote: "If you love liberty and freedom, you have to be willing to die for it!" - The true meaning for 'Duty, Honor, and Valor'... Many have sacrificed!
Too many today don't even recognize the freedoms we have and enjoy.
Celebrate Life!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Harold, this day is all about our countries independence and so many don't even realize what freedoms we have or how we got those freedoms. Or even how our liberties are being taken away one at a time by people who don't care about anything but their cause of the week. We must always remember those past and present who provide us these great freedoms. I have people who work for me that only know it's the 4th and that they are off today. So I agree 100% its not just the 4th it's a great historic day. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

I am ever grateful to those who enabled this great nation to be born, and to those who continue to ensure our freedoms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Liberty and safety are intertwined--If you want liberty, you have less safety, if you value more safety, you have less liberty.
The other point most folks don't realize is that we do NOT live in a Democracy, we live in a Representative Republic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

My 4th great grandfather Johan Ludwig Kling fought in the Revolutionary war. His gravestone was placed by the DAR. I am grateful for what he and the many others who risked their lives did for us.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

Norman,
I recently found out that many Deweys were gunsmiths for the Revolutionary Army, and Josiah Dewey was with the Greene Mountain boys. The mechanical bent apparently runs deep in the family genes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Hope everyone here had a great Independence Day with lots of T driving, great food and fun with friends and family, i know i did. I also hope that we truly recognize the importance this day has, and how it could have been very different for us if not for some very brave people. Cheers and happy 240th America.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration