Stress Free Bar-B-Que

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stress Free Bar-B-Que
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

My wife just received in "WebMail" by means of her many "household, homemakers, cooking, etc, websites, or maybe it was Facebook,....I don't know,.....whatever,......

Anyway, the item was entitled,.....Stress Free Bar-B-Que Ideas.

Being of a Model T Ford "mentality", especially while participating in this Forum activity, the thought occurred to me that I know one "tip" that the lady in that website won't talk about, is about the most stress free Bar-B-Que method I can think of,........the manifold cooker! Anybody using one during this Independence Holiday weekend?

I mean, after all,....throw'n a couple cans of Beanie Weenies in the 'ol manifold cooker and driving ten miles is about as "Stree-Free" as it gets, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Hi Harold,

Yes, I used my manifold cooker on Sunday. The Central New Hampshire Model T Club held a tour mapped out by Russ Whitney followed by a cookout and pool party hosted by John and Sandy Mangan.

Having been diagnosed with a Gluten allergy (Celiac Disease), I don't often eat hotdogs and hamburgers now because they aren't as enjoyable without the roll. I used the cooker to bake a sweet potato, garlic and parmesan asparagus, and a piece of salmon with oregano, red pepper and mushroom.

I live about 60 miles from Russ's house, so the sweet potato was placed in the cooker. About half way there I turned the potato end for end for even heating. At the start of the 30 mile tour the potato was rotated and the fish and the asparagus were placed in the cooker. About half way through the tour food was again repositioned.

At the end of the tour I pulled the cooker off the manifold and headed to one of the tables. As I set down the cooker the people hovering at my elbow caused by to feel that I was opening the Ark of the Covenant, or at least, was about to conduct Performance Art.

Everything was cooked just right! Yum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

OHad a stress free BBQ.......at a neighbor's house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

My idea of a stress free BBQ...stay home and don't have one! :-)LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:58 am:

I used my manifold cooker for the Independence Day festivities. I made a bean dip from a recipe in the cook book available from the parts vendors. I pretty near ran out. It was a huge hit! Guess I've got another reason to get the old girl out more often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:09 am:

We got to the VA Hospital celebration and once we got our cars situated and scoped out the place we learned the breakfast truck had just left (before the event even started). That's when I thought.... shoulda brought the cooker (head thump)

cooker

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration