Eric's Central Minnesota 4th of July tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Eric's Central Minnesota 4th of July tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

The day stayed at a perfect temperature. We covered enough gravel roads to keep the tires good and dusty. The food was excellent. The company was exceptional. Eric Hylen put together a great tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Next year, double the budget and "hire" a photographer that puts the sun BEHIND him !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

I know Burger. After I posted this thing I felt pretty darn lousy about the horrible photos. But my intent was to thank Eric for doing a really great job of putting the tour together. I guess I'll go now and hide my face. I apologize for any damage I might have caused to anyone's eyesight. :-) ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

But, it really was a fun tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Mike

That last picture is perfect!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Looks good to me, Grade A day. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Burger, You don't like looking at the Dark Side?? :-)
Michael, Hey, at least you posted the photos so we could see the size of the group. Looks like fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Now I don't know what to say. I really like to receive any praise I get but I also have to appreciate the knowledge that a true professional shares. Mr Burger obviously utilizes extensive experience and knowledge when critiquing the quality of our photographs on our beloved forum. Therefore I'm truly ashamed for posting such low quality images and promise to try harder in the future. Also Mr Burger, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to evaluate the photos and offer your opinion. You're truly an asset to this forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

I did the best I could.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:30 am:

Michael G! At least you still can post pictures. Me, and my stupid computer game-ophobia I haven't been able to post new photos since my old camera died. My new camera takes photos fine, but the @#!%#&%$!?# camera program was written by Luigi Mario and I can't get photos from my camera onto the computer! I can post the old photos I have on the computer already, but the new camera program rewrites my folders and loses most of my new photos. Even my wife who used to be a wizard with computer programs hates it because it is so poorly set up.
Your pictures look fine to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Lunch prepared on the exhaust manifold. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Here's a few of my pictures.
I didn't take as many as I thought I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Great job Derek! I enjoyed talking with you and your Dad yesterday. I'll bet the kids slept all the way home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Nope, Grandma gave them sugar, so they were up the whole way home. They finally started to get quiet about 10 miles from home.

AJ managed to make it just inside the door of the house and fell asleep on the rug. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

After the sugar buzz, comes the sugar crash!

Cute picture. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

It was a very fun tour and those two kids were wound up all day long!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

Thanks, guys! Nicole and I enjoy hosting this every year. I always say that if we get at least six cars to show up, we'll do it again the next year. So, since there were eighteen antique cars and a total of 42 people at the potluck lunch, I guess I better start planning a good route for next year.

My only regret, was that I didn't have Derek take his boys out for a spin in the Maxwell after I taught him how to drive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

So Eric, where did you meet and wonder off to? One of these years I'll have to meet up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Derek, was AJ able to make it that far under his own power. I remember my little ones would get out of the truck, stumble a few feet and pretty much collapse. Dad always had to carry them. Thank goodness there were only two of them. It would take forever to carry suit cases, toys, kids, coats, pillows, blankets and sometimes groceries into the house after a day out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Dereck K and Eric H,
Looks like a wonderful tour to be sure! A great turnout, And a wonderful looking Franklin as well! The picture of AJ is priceless!
Thank you MG, DK, EH, and all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Jason,
I've hosted a 4th of July tour every year since 2004. Every year, I pick a different route, but the theme is the same; it's a 80-100 mile driving tour, with a potluck lunch at a nice park with a shelter in case of rain. My wife and I provide old fashioned hot dogs off manifold cookers and everyone else provides the rest of the meal. I always try to find scenic T friendly roads with minimal modern car traffic. My favorite roads are winding, tree canopied gravel, and near lakes or streams. We have a pretty good selection of those within twenty miles of our place, so I always include a few miles of them on the tour route.

The last three years, we've started and ended at the Hasty Truck Stop. It's right on I-94 between Monticello and St. Cloud, MN, about a mile from my house. It's a good, central location.

This year, we went south to French Lake, then over to Kimball and up to Hidden Lake Park near St. Augusta for lunch. After lunch, we poked around in he Rockville area before returning to my house for the annual wrap up of root beer floats. The total route was 96 miles. 16 Model Ts, 1 Franklin and 1 Chevy, 42 happy people sharing a common interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 01:17 am:

Great pics!
ALL of them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 01:49 am:

Garrison,

If I don't bust your chops, who will ?

Now stop your sniveling and drop and give me 20 ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 11:02 am:

1 Drill Sergeant
2 Drill Sergeant
3 Drill Sergeant
4 Dri Dril Sergeant
5 5 5 D Dri Dri ugh
8 no sev... ugh 18

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

That's funny Mike. Been there, done that but by the end of basic I could do more than they had time to watch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

When I was in Basic training I was 19 years old. I weighed 156 lbs. I'd been working at a tire recapping plant putting rubber on some very large mine tires and was a pretty healthy young man. If you'd tell me to do 20 push-ups I'd ask; "left or right hand?"

Today I'm 66 years old. I weigh 266 lbs. I haven't done a hard days work for the last 10 years. If you ask me to do 20 push-ups I'd ask; "how many days do I have"?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration