July-What did you do on/with your T today?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: July-What did you do on/with your T today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I've been enjoying a lot of pleasurable miles on my T so far this summer. But unfortunately a couple nights ago and two miles from home, I blew a head gasket. I was able to baby her home. Today, I tackled the job of draining fluids, pulled the head, cleaned everything, as well as the plugs, and put back together with a new gasket.

Attempting the initial start up, nothing. I scratched my head a few times thinking it wasn't getting any "fire." But I'm not a true believer in coincidence. So thinking fluidly, I opened the drain on the carb bowl and holy cow! About a cup of green juice flowed freely. :-) The only fuel I had on hand in the tank was some 100LL so when I started seeing blue, I locked the drain. Climbed back in, hit the starter, and purrrr.....

If I can figure this out, here's a few pic's of my enjoyment.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration