Coronado July 4, 2016 Parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coronado July 4, 2016 Parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Here are some pictures of our parade today. We were in the parade which was about 2 miles long with thousands of onlookers. We were limited to 10 Model T's. After the parade we toured the Silver Strand to Imperial Beach for lunch.
Lining up for the parade

Decorating cars

my car

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

More pictures
Greg Rising car

Driving in the parade

Driving in the parade

These are just a few pictures. Coronado Ca is a Navy town and a resort. Very patriotic.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:55 am:

Norm; Is the Hotel Del still in business? I was stationed at NASNI for a while in the 80's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Yes. The parade route went from the north end of Orange avenue to the Hotel Del, about 2 miles. Today's newspaper says there were approximately half a million people in attendance. That laundry truck is still in existance too. Someone in the area owns it, however not a member of our local club I don't think.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Good! Peggy wants to go there for our 40th :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration