Another running T!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Another running T!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Hurt on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

I bought my 23 Touring in May 2007. It was a non-running basket case. It last ran on a distributor as the mag was dead. I can't say exactly when it last ran. The guy I bought it from thought it last ran in the 1960s. He asked that I not rat rod it, which I promised I would restore it back to original the best I could.
After nine years and full off body restoring, today I finally got it to start. It was pretty rough at first and only about 15 seconds. After making a few adjustments it finally came to life. The engine smoothed out. It ran on mag perfectly too.
I would like to thanks everyone for the help over the past 7 years. Without the assistance from you I have no idea how long I would be trying to figure this project out.
I have a bunch to do yet but today was certainly a milestone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Congratulations Brian! Good for you. I'll bet that sound was sweet music to your ears. Pictures, please. Continued good luck! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

Brian, well done. Isn't it a great feeling to start up an old car for the first time in a long time? I never get tired of that. Next is the test drive, another good thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Congrats Brian, its always great when another T is brought back from the dead to live on. Best of luck with it, and keep us updated if you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Congrats that is a great milestone stone you won't forget. Ever Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Congrats!
We needs to see pics!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration