Original owners are getting rare..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Original owners are getting rare..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:24 am:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/South-Florida-Woman-Celebrates-110th-Birthday -in-Style-384758031.html

Here's a very nice lady in Florida celebrating her 110th birthday and talking about how she got married at 16 in 1922 and her husband drove a Ford Roadster :-)

(Message edited by Roger K on July 05, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:38 am:

Roger: There is one right here on this forum, me. I bought a 1913 Roadster out of a closed Ford Dealer in South Ga. The story was that it was the first car they got from Ford when they opened the Dealership in 1913. They never sold it, therefore I am the Original Owner? Hard to prove, but makes a good tale. :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:47 am:

Dan
How tall are you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

Dan: I usually have boots on by now, you know 12 or 13in tall boots, as I don't like it running over the top! Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Guys: Like I said, can not prove it. Car was in the showroom for around 70 years. Story told at the auction was the owner of dealership never sold it. Here is picture of car in showroom.

And it is a Wide Track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

fenders were replaced at some point with later ones....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Those are fancy looking accessory fenders, not later T versions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Derek is right, they are aftermarket fenders. Car is a really a early 14. Has 14 body, but casting date and engine number is late 13. Has 2pc DS, no ears on rear of frame, screw in freeze plugs, ect. When to the auction looking for T parts or tools. Did find a T wheel in the attic, they put it with the car. Was a neat place, the parts department was 1920 style still. With the counters and parts bins. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

neat fenders, never heard of them....cool. I stand corrected!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration