New tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:52 am:

Anyone running any specials on 30 x 3 1/2 wards riverside tires,I need to buy 2 new ones and everybody charges unreal prices for shipping.I can buy new tires for my harleys and they ship free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Your Harley tires cost money to ship too. You are simply not seeing the cost because it is built in to the price of the tire.

There are fewer Model T's on the road than Harleys so you have to pay a bit more.

Here's the best deal that I know of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-30x3-1-2-T-Driver-Clincher-Tire-for-Model-T-/2 81391888740?hash=item4184437964:g:QbkAAOSwEK9Tzmxg&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Thanks Royce,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:29 am:

The last time I checked, the only source for Wards Riverside was Lucas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Wouldn't buy anything from Lucas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 11:52 am:

looks like snyders is the best deal at 152 each with about 50.00 for shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

Another alternative is to wait for a nearby swap meet that is attended by a vendor with tires and save the shipping.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

If u buy them off a vendor at a swapmeet, then u have to pay sales tax. Can't win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

I know the sales tax rules vary by state, but if I recall correctly, I have never paid sales tax on items I purchased in advance and the vendor simply delivered to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Don't know about that. I always pd sales tax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Lang's Old Car Parts "drop-ships" tires direct from the manufacturer. _They use their buying power to ensure that Lang's customers receive only fresh rubber tires. _When I unwrap tires purchased from Lang's, the pungent stink of fresh rubber fills the room. _I believe they are now selling Wards Riversides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Without naming names, I have a friend who is a professional restorer who lives driving distance from one of the tire companies. He sells me tires for his cost plus shipping. I asked once about picking them up from him while visiting and he said he would have to charge tax. It was about a wash. I opted to have them shipped. His supplier ships directly to me, charges him. He charges me and never sees the tires. That kind of thing doesn't usually happen to me, but I luck out on tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

I got my full set of white Wards Riversides for Pete, my '12 through Langs, but they were drop shipped from Lucas. And oh yeh, they're not white anymore! And only two months old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Check with Cokers in Chattanooga ,Tn. He sometimes has good deals on good tires when they have been in stock a while. I buy model A tires from him when I get firestones because the cost the same everywhere.. I did call on some 21s the other day and they were high. Be worth checking on. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration