Old photo - Roadside repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - Roadside repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Looks like a tough job to split the rear axle by the road.. - but maybe it's a movie still?

ggg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Thanks for posting Roger. At least they did not loose their hats.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: I still remember as a young lad me Dad saying as I went out the door "Don't forget your cap".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Great Pic!! I wouldnt want to be laying under the car.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Oddly enough the body looks like a 1921 or earlier style with the separate rear corner pieces and a bracket by the front seat for a two man top, but the windshield looks like the 1924/25 style. Maybe it's a Canadian car, they got the slanted windshield style already around 1920/21 - but then maybe a drivers door should be visible?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

Interesting Coleman type lantern with six lens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Tim, If you laid under the car you might have lots of lizards for company. I gets HOT in Cinco.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Not a Canadian car. It has the American style top iron saddles with straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Touring has 1925 California plates on it.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Hats, clean clothes and hands. Posed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

'23-'25 open cars didn't come with top boots either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Posed picture? Maybe, but why this scenario? A lot of trouble for no real reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 06:11 am:

These are genuine 'shade tree' repair jobs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I think this photo has been on here before.
This might be a still from a Harold Lloyd film?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration