A new thread to follow the theft of Don Houseman's trailer and T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A new thread to follow the theft of Don Houseman's trailer and T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

While the discussion drift on the original trailer theft thread may be necessary? Many of our friends are offended by some of that drift. And rightfully so.

This is my feeble attempt to title a new thread that can be bumped back up looking for updates on the theft and hopefully the recovery of the missing model T speedster.
I know nothing other than what I have read on the other threads. I would encourage anyone with newer information to post it here. Any of the many wanting to find that newer information can look in here. Anyone else can bump this thread back up to keep it available, but please, NO DRIFT into the politics of the theft. That discussion may be (in my opinion IS) necessary. BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD!
I also want to follow developments on hopefully recovering the T and the trailer.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Am in agreement with you, Wayne!
A friend, Justin, had expressed himself in the previous thread, and rightfully so. He is also a flight instructor. Though I'm located way north, I'd initially alerted him when the thread first appeared. He even told me he was going to fly over some of the known 'disposal cliffs' in the area. Hopefully, the trailer and speedster will be found before he would find anything of tragic significance. Haven't heard more. 'Eyes' are still watching and looking, and we all would like it to be found & be as it should be!
Let's keep everyone alert!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Klein on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Thank you Wayne, I started a new thread as well (Don is my dad), with all of the info on the trailer and the speedster. I appreciate your concern!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/657196.html?1467757415

A link to your other thread so someone can see the pictures, or can track them both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Good for you Jennifer.

I suggest also posting over on the AACA and MTFCI forums if you have not done so already.

I really wish all the best for you and your family for a good outcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Just saw this posted on Facebook. Looks like the word is getting out.

http://www.koat.com/news/1926-model-t-speedster-stolen-from-classic-car-tour/403 32628

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Another TV Report

http://krqe.com/2016/07/01/thieves-make-off-with-couples-classic-car-during-trip -to-albuquerque/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 05:11 am:

btt
Hoping for better news tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Facebook is actually good for something.
During a HUGE antique tractor auction in Germany done by Aumann Auctions a very rare tractor ID plate was stolen from a tractor.
Thanks to the diligence of Aumann the thief was caught on a surveillance camera in the act.
The video was shared on facebook and the thief was identified and arrested....... :-O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0TI_kStqg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Scumbags steal from others. That kind of stuff makes me miserable with society. Ridiculous. No wonder some people are hesitant to get to know others. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 11:20 pm:

The people who steal tags from rare tractors have not given serious thought as to what to do with the tag
1 The owner of the tractor is going to tell all his friends and the serial number is apt to be in all the hobby magazines.
2 That means that the thief cannot put the tag on another tractor and take it to a show or put the tractor in an auction as someone will recognize the tag number and he will be caught.
3 This means that the thief cannot make use of the tag to enhance the price of his tractor. I suppose the thief could get some enjoyment from hiding the tag under his bed. If the thief will give minimum thought about the act of stealing a tag he will decide it is a waste of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Jim,it is to hurt the resale value of the unit,not just for the tag it's self.the tag would be at the bottom of a lake more than likely.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration