We lost a Model T guy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: We lost a Model T guy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Im a little late on this one, I was just told of his passing last week. All I knew him as was Charlie. He was 97 years old and loved his 1914 Model T. It was a Canadian model. I used to help him work on it once in awhile. Charile was a great guy and was full of engery for a guy his age.It was almost comacal watching him drive his T. He loved it when my friends and I drove are old cars to his place for coffee. In his workshop he always had some kind of project going. Charlie really wasn't a car guy as he seemed do be doing everything from wood work to mechanical work but he did like his model T. He was an amazing guy, there was almost nothing he couldn't do. I learned a lot from him. Charlie was a flying fortress pilot over Italy back in WW2. He didnt like to talk about it much but when he did he said that he kept his crew on their toes all the time and that's how he managed to bring that plane back every trip. I'm going to miss talking to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Will I'm sorry for your loss. I just hate it for you and your friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

I hate to lose a member of the greatest generation. For 10 years I worked for a guy who celebrated his 19th birthday by piloting a B-17 on a bombing mission over Germany. He flew 11 missions before the war ended. He got his airplane home every time, but not all of his crew members made it. He didn't talk about it much. He's gone now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

The greatest generation as they say was a tough bunch. Look at how they handled ww2. My grandfather has been gone for 12 years but he was at Normandy as were so many others but he never spoke of it. Hate hearing about another Hero gone and another T guy. We all hate that.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

Sorry to hear of your loss Will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 01:56 am:

Sounds like a life well lived. Many never get close.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration