OT - Standard 1925 Colors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Standard 1925 Colors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Couldn't pass this one up! Found this on a local CL ad. What do you think? Probably original paint..ha,ha.

Purple

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Haha

Price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:19 am:

If it were mine I would have painted it a 26-27 color if I wanted something other than black. To each their own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:25 am:

1925 on some other planet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:38 am:

Fatty would approve.

http://www.pbase.com/davidclanton/image/132517833

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 11:19 am:

That was a "faded" black.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

It looks ready to paint white for weddings if I can find the Craigslist ad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

Barneymobile.

"I love you, you love me .... "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

I would at least paint the running boards and shields black. Gosh awful color but repainting those part might help. :-) LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

the grape ape needed something with some head room

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

1925 alternative universe doppelganger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

I think Burgers got it right. At least a guy (or somebody) could dress up in a Barney suit and drive it in a parade. Or------------------------

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

The very first Mary Kay car ever won!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

A little black paint would triple the value of that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

How much were they asking for it? Might be a good buy, The paint can be changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

A Mary T vendor's car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

He probably has a wife with a Purple Affliction - Don't ask how I know.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

This car would also be appropriate for a member of the St. Germain Foundation religious order: Purple is the purifying color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

The gentleman was asking 10k for it and listed it as having new top, paint, seats, and wood. It's in Indiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

Here is the correct color chart for that car

Black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

35 different shades of black! Nice! I thought I suddenly went blind from looking at the purple!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

As a side note, I have always found it interesting that people on this forum are so fierce about objecting to off-topic posts that the "OT" tag sometimes gets used where I wouldn't expect it. This thread is about the color of a Model T. What is off-topic about a Model T? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:20 am:

If that car was in Australia it could have been its original color.

An ad for a Model T Ford touring painted "Mauve" (pretty close) was in a 1923 newspaper in Sydney Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:41 am:

Another side note: "New Top" uh, the back windows are a bit low; I doubt the driver can see anything useful out of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 01:05 am:

My 26 TT is painted an early '26 color called "Pale Black" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 11:42 am:

The person who did the top, and especially the rear curtain didn't pay attention to the window location either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

It would fit right in in Minnesota. Our Viking Foot team is known as "The Purple People Eaters" Also the late music star from Minnesota, "Prince" used the color purple as his official color.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration