Rocky Mountain 6 Speed value?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rocky Mountain 6 Speed value?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

A friend has a RM 6 Speed trans for a TT. It does not turn freely. What would be a fair offer? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Probably not much without more information than that....photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Thanks for the reply John. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow. For now, it has surface rust but inside the ends the coupler and spline shaft are oil covered and clean. No shifter. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 11:41 am:

one just sold on e bay for about 400 bucks, but it turned free, only 2 people bid on it. I got mine about 8 years ago with a rear end for 200. Mine was in very good shape, not the rear end though. That time too, only 2 people bid on the item. I rebuilt the rear end and it is now on my TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

Shifters are a rare item...and are unusual that they have the detents which select the gears. Also the torque tube (drive shaft tube) has a special fitting which connects to the input to the transmission. These are the usual missing pieces. Sounds like it might be a good item...good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

I found a old add for these transmissions. They show a truck and car unit. Is the car unit smaller? or just different end castings? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Pat- the car version is smaller than the TT. Not a bad transmission- had one in my touring for a few years but low was a little too low and OD was a little too high.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration