2016 Finger Lakes, Farm Lands, and T's Mennonite kids

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2016 Finger Lakes, Farm Lands, and T's Mennonite kids
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Part of the Mennonite baking crew (and there are more of them) for our cinnamon bun break Thursday at Finger Lakes Steamers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Shouldn't the brass be painted black then? (or maybe unpolished is modest enough :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Roger..what you see is correct. Dan..bet those kids had the time of their life. I can taste those cinnamon buns already!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Tim,

Roger was referring to the Mennonite practice of painting over any bright work on their cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

Oh crap..shoulda known! My bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Dan is there an address where the trailers are to park? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

The address is:
1579 Clark Street Rd, Auburn, NY 13022. You will drive in front of Bass pro, and follow around to parking.
There will be directions at the registration table, and signs as well. Very easy to find

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Dan, is this the mall parking lot with security that you were referring to earlier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

Thank you for mentioning the trailer parking issue! I was about to ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

They have mall security until midnight, The State Trooper barracks are in front of the trailer parking area. We have talked to them and they will be patrolling it.
There are a few people that will be camped out at the trailer parking area to keep an eye out as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

Looks like fantastic ride for the little ones and the treats sound perfect.Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:46 am:

Roger and Jerry, at least in this area the Mennonites all drive black cars, but don't paint over the chrome like they use to.
Tim, the kids were having a good time. There were eight altogether, and one on the way. All girls except for the one boy in the picture. When they got out of the car, the little one, stood on the back door and jumped to the ground. Wish I had a video. All of them barefoot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 07:35 am:

Looking forward to seeing you and Ellen next Saturday,Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 10:33 am:

I will be camping in the finger lakes mall parking lot all week. my dog ruxstell will be on duty, but she is a sound sleeper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Looking forward to the tour. Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Doug, I thought Ruxstell was a ferocious watch dog, especially when she drops down a notch!

We're looking forward to the tour.
Safe travels to everyone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 10:56 am:

For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Ruxstell, here's a pic I took of her two years ago at Homecoming. She seemed as popular as the cars on display! By this time she was pretty pooped out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Tim
Ru taking Ruxstell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Rich, no, no. She belongs to Doug Hauge. But I'd LIKE to! She's a sweet dog. Great playmate for my mutt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

As a former child, myself .... I reflect back on the evil experiences like this that poisoned my
own mind and have led to a lifetime spent chasing dreams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Dan, the wife is asking details about the banquet. Is there a DJ and dancing? We are so grateful for your huge efforts in hosting this! Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Dave,
Unfortunately no. Many people want to get an early start on Saturday, and with awards, etc, the night would go on to late. However, we arranged for a live Bluegrass band for Tuesday evening at Finger Lakes event center (located at Finger Lakes Mall). Plenty of room for dancing, and fun for the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Counting the days. My plane leaves Wednesday night, and will arrive in Buffalo Thursday morning. RV is going to pick us up and give us some NY thrills for a couple of days. Russ Furstnow notified me that I will be judging cars at the judging event. Should be fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 07:33 am:

Well that answers that question Larry! :-) Was hoping you'd be dragging your '13 there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 07:50 am:

Nah. TSA would probably confiscate it, or the baggage handlers would destroy it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration