OT? - Running half of a flathead V-8

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT? - Running half of a flathead V-8
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

"Why?" I-dunno!
Am curious about the engine on the other side... Not a T, doubtful an A. Any thoughts?

http://www.powernationtv.com/post/this-ford-flathead-v8-runs-with-one-head-remov ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Marv: No big deal. Gordon ( of Gordon Smith) made an air compressor out of Flatheads that way. One side ran, the other pumped air. Later did the same with 302 V8. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

Oh, by way. Other engine looks like an A or B. Gordon Smith made compressors out of them also. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Looks like an A/B to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

I did that to a '35 V8 one time. I also started up a Model A with the pan off and watched the underside. No problem if you do for a very short time but the one head V8 gets no cooling and the pan off A gets no oil, so don't do it for long!
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration