Here it is, don't let it get away.....,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Here it is, don't let it get away.....,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

The day of a $100,000 Model T is upon us, if purchased in pieces on flea bay. The prices have gone to stratospheric idiocy. Check out this '' Model T'' folding chair. And then has the stones to ask for $22.00 shipping! Hahahahahahttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Folding-Seat-Chair-Ford-Model-A-Model-T-Automobi le-Auto-Buffington-/162094241731?hash=item25bd91d7c3:g:3egAAOSw9eVXVGHM&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

This is one of the famous Model T folding chairs used on camping trips by Ford, Edison, Firestone, and Burroughs. They are extremely rare, and especially valuable if autographed by one of the campers. One specimen bearing all four signatures sold at Sotheby's last year for £123,456,789.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Steve I stand corrected! I have been affected by some of the prices I've seen. Thanks for the info. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

The Buffington chair is a period accessory for the antique auto enthusiast, camper, picnicker, fisherman, banjo strummer or any other activity, event or endeavor that may require sitting down. Would be nice to have but, in my opinion, not particularly rare.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/464125.html?1406250605

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/559847.html?1439022969

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Anybody who buys my story may be interested in a bridge I have for sale in New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Aw shucks guys, I was hoping to sell mine to pay for the Hotel room at the Finger Lakes...

Oh well, some things are just not meant to be :-)

(Message edited by adave on July 09, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

Gary - he's pulling your leg….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Steve left off the zero!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

The price of shipping exceeds the value of the chair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

The one in the eBad link is the closest I have seen yet to the one I have that I found in my grandfather's barn after he died. I wish I had known about it before, I could have asked him. He was amazingly sharp for his age, and could tell you about almost everything in his shop even when his health had not let him out there for two years.
The one on eBad is in nicer condition. I really need to restore mine/his.
They are fun chairs to have and use with a model T on tours.
Just for whatever it is worth.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

it says "or make offer" So $10???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Sounds a little much to me but that's ebay sky high or you can't believe you won a great item so cheap. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:27 am:

It is up to $175.00. I hope the 6 bids weren't bid in response to Steve's post. Like Gary, I had no reason not to believe it since I am not an authority on flimsy old folding chairs. Jim Patrick

PS. Steve, how much for the bridge? You got me! LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Not true - no bids.

The listing is "Buy It Now" for $175 - it's not an auction.

"6 watching" only means that six eBay members have added the listing to their personal watch lists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 01:01 am:

Like I posted, "Make an Offer!! $10! Ok, if you want make it $ 17.50!!
Ya never know what the seller might accept!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 01:06 am:

I see. Thanks for the correction Erik. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

I have an era accessory leather & steel folding "child's chair" that actually has a bent-over bracket which allows it to hang inside on the door of a Model T - I'll attempt to locate it (possibly a tough task after the "big move") and get a photo of it hanging on the "14 touring door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 03:17 am:

Steve you silver-tongued devil. You had me going! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eye this chair ain't it.....lol

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration