Help ID these brass hubcaps.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help ID these brass hubcaps.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

I'm stumped, so I figured I would post a few pictures and see if one of you could ID these. I initially thought these were buffalo hubcaps. I have four of them but only two are machined.

The thread count is 16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

i have seen these before they were made by an axle co.my 09-11 overlands have the same cap but with overland on them, i have seen the on Buick & Franklin also.it was one of the big axle co. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Beaumont on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Don't know about Overland or Franklin, but Buick used axles made by Weston-Mott,as did most GM built cars, and other makes like REO. Each had their own distinctive hubcap, sometimes with a logo, sometimes not. Weston-Mott was the go to company for inexpensive front and rear ends in the 1903-15 era. Unfortunately, as in most things, you got what you paid for. Best, Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 12:23 am:

thanks for the replies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

I have a set of Overland front hubs by Buffalo and they are wider than a Ford and have a flange for front brakes. If your hubcaps have a triangle tooth shaped locking system and a round thin rod spring sort of like a safety pin to keep the wheel from walking off of the hub, they are Buffalo. Several different folks have made copies over the years and they didn't always engrave them with off and on arrows and the buffalo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration