Intake swap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Intake swap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

I have vaporizer on a 27 and have all the typical issues of a improperly running vaporizer set up. I want to order the parts from Langs tomorrow to put a NH on. I have the intake manifold and the new rebuilt carb. What are the parts i needed to make it look and function correctly? I know I need gaskets intake and exhaust. What about correct linkage or exhaust manifold differences ect? Thanks in advance. I only want make one order. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

You will need a new exhaust manifold (the vap ones are different and even if you have the correct one chances are it's warped), valve cover with hole for throttle rod, throttle rod (they come in two different lengths depending on which lever is on your carb), lever to mount throttle rod from throttle control lever to carb. Then you need to check to see if the web between 2 and 3 cylinders is there, if it is it will need to be knocked out. Langs list a slide on clamp that mounts on the throttle control rod. Don't forget new crush rings and gland rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

You need both the intake and exhaust manifolds glands and gaskets. If your engine doesn't have a hole between cylinder 2 and cylinder 3 you will either need to drill one in the block and in the valve cover, or purchase linkage which works over the head. I have never had the one which works over the head. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Your going to need a throttle rod, a lever that goes on the throttle advance #6297,6213-B,4229-B,6203-4,4591,4129-B,4590,4431 as far as I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Thanks a lot haven't had many issues with my T s since I have had them and never hurts to double check before you order parts to be positive. Thanks I will give langs a call in the morning. I am actually off next weekend and need to get it finished and put some miles on it. We are taking it to the shades of the past rod run in pigeon forge tn in September. Cars from stock T models to 55 chevys will be there but Ts and stock A s are far and few between. That's another good reason to go. They actually have one of our better swap meets in tn each year. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 02:01 am:

Please keep us in the loop as to how it goes during the conversion.
ALSO, if you would,
1. Please let us (ME and a few other guys) know how you like your NH carb on that engine. ;-)
2. We need pics from the Shades Of The Past (in Sept.) or it didn't happen K? ;-)
This is all for that super cute maroonish roadster, yes? Schwing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 04:14 am:

Tim: What you need to do is take a drive down I-59 and get what you need here. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 04:52 am:

Tim: Also, most of the cars I have worked on that the owner changed the Vaporizer out because it would not run right had other problems and the change out did not fix it. Check your Compression before you go to the trouble. Most of the ones I have seen needed a valve job. Another common problem is the drain valve body. They have a special one, the one out of the NH will not work. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Osburn on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 08:00 am:

Tim, have been using the over head linkage on my 27 coupe for near on 15 years. Works just fine. Nothing wrong with drilling a hole in the web, I guess. I didn't want to because numbers on the frame & engine match.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

Duey, it is for the maroon roadster. I will take pictures as I go. I have to get better about taking pics of my work on my cars. I will get some before and after pics. Ron, I went ahead and ordered the over the top linkage with the parts this afternoon. I couldn't think about drilling a hole in the block. I also ordered the champion 2 piece plugs. I want it to look good and run correct. I was afraid I would never get the vaporizer running right, so it's the NH for me. Dan, yes I need to get to some other model T guys. I can't buy or find anything up here I my area. Not even another T owner or a club. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration