Historic Race Track Dedication and Model T Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Historic Race Track Dedication and Model T Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike copperthite on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

This is your invitation to a “Once in a Lifetime Happening” that we hope you will attend and pass along to your family and friends. It is a Dedication, Unveiling, Reception and Celebration of a Historic Land Mark -- the Copperthite Race Track -- on July 31, 2016 in Burke, Virginia, at the site of one of the finest tracks in its day.
COPPERTHITE RACE TRACK The Nation's Capital Model T Club is doing a tour that will make a stop here, too!

In 1897, Henry Copperthite purchased the Silas Burke Farm and constructed nearby one of Virginia's finest harness racing facilities. The racetrack, whose grandstand sat 2,000, opened on July 4, 1908. Horse, harness, motorcycle and car races were featured at the track. Special trains from the Washington DC area brought visitors to Burke, where they could stay at the new hotel. Families enjoyed agricultural fairs, Fort Myer cavalry drills , balloon ascensions, baseball games, athletic contests and dances at a pavilion. For almost a decade, thousands were entertained at the Copperthite racetrack and fairground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 02:22 am:

I wish I lived closer. Sounds like a grand event.
And what a terrific poster !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 02:24 am:

You can really NEVER go wrong with a ... PIE RECEPTION :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Wow I wish I were closer, Mike thanks for the invite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 01:25 am:

I'd love to to one of these sometime but distance is also a problem for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Awesome. I would go in a second if I were a lot closer. Have a great time. It looks like my kind of event. Gotta love the history connection as well.

Family connection?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration