27 fuel line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 27 fuel line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

I ordered the other new parts needed to change my 27 from vaporizer set up to NH. Is there a new reproduction fuel line that come pre bent to look correct or the NH carb?? Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

When I ordered for an 26 NH, the line comes straight. As far as I know none are pre-bent. You will need to bend it yourself. So long as both ends go in straight and you have no leaks it will be fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

I will just order the line tomorrow then. Still Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Bend the line around a large pipe or other round object. If you try to bend without support, you might kink the line.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:18 am:

The photo above is close, but not exact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Tim, here is a shot from my 26.
Hope it helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Paul,
I think your pipe is in upside down, or backwards might be a better explanation. yes, it works but. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

This is pretty much the proper routing/shape of the 26/27 fuel line;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Here's a photo of a NH equipped '26 in the Ford Service Manual, Fig. 561 at page 279:

routing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Thanks everyone. Now that I see what it should look I will just bend it like the pictures. Thanks again Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Thanks Roger, finally someone got it right. No excuses now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I ordered the fuel line with a new aluminum intake manifold, exhaust manifold,glands, over the top linkage, and a carb from langs for my 27. Thanks for all the input. I will get the vaporizer off and the NH on and it will run great... Can't wait. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 08:25 am:

You may need to change the choke pull rod, I think the vaporizer was shorter, or I may have it backwards. You will also need the little choke linkage just a stiff piece of wire.
I changed out my vaporizer on my '27.

greg

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration