Model T Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darrell Honeycutt on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

We have a 1924 Model T with 2 30x3 tires and two 30x3.5. Need some expert advice! Where is the best place to buy these tires for the money? Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Lucas has always treated me right. There's also Coker...Maybe more???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Darrell, there's not much difference between most the vendors anymore. Pretty much Langs and Snyders, depending on what style of tread and brand you want. Some have a more affordable brand than others. Just shop around. I did save a bit doing that for my white wanna-be tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

I buy from Cokers Tires but they are 30 miles away and no shipping helps. Even though they aren't always the cheapest. I get them when I need them. Just what I do. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

With all clincher tires currently being made in the same Vietnamese factory, your choice isn't based on quality. It all depends on what combination of looks (brand) and price you prefer. Check websites of Coker, Lucas Classic Tire, and Universal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Buy mine through summit racing order and pay via Internet and drop shipped for free to my door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

I was at Snyder's in Ohio yesterday. They have lot of tires in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Darrell, Coker Tire in Chattanooga may be too far, but Smith & Jones in Columbia is close enough that it might be worth your time to go pick up some new tires and save shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 09:51 am:

The Montgomery Ward's Riverside tire is manufactured in Vietnam for Lucas Classic Tires of Long Beach, California. _Coker's Model T clinchers were once manufactured in Vietnam, but production was switched over to a factory of the Archson International Company, Ltd., in Taiwan, around 2009.

A word about white tires: I've heard lots of complaints of white tires turning brown after only a short time. _Maybe it is just the propensity of rubber which hasn't had carbon black added to the compound to turn brown quickly, and maybe white tires have always behaved that way, and maybe that just wasn't considered a big deal back in the Edwardian era. _Maybe. _In any case, many are the complaints, today, of brass car owners who have invested in white tires for the purpose of showing and winning at places like where there are pebbles on the beach, only to find that their investment has turned brown.

For that and other reasons, it's important that when you make the purchase, you get tires that haven't been laying around long enough to dry out. _You want the freshest rubber you can get. _Lang's, a company with significant buying power, "drop-ships" tires directly from the manufacturer and seems to have the clout to insist that any Lang's customer will receive only very fresh tires. _When I buy tires from Lang's and unwrap them, they'll always have the dizzying stink of fresh rubber.

One other thing: Even though a manufacturer may add UV protection to their rubber formula, whatever the color of your tires, sunlight is the enemy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 03:49 am:

Yeah Summit Racing had the best price, free fast fast shipping. I also had a tube issue, which they went out of their way to take care of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 05:08 am:

Never had much luck with Summit. Bought a power chip for my P/U. When I got it the box was empty. Sealed and everything.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration