OT - thank you Russ F.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - thank you Russ F.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Thank you Russ Furstnow for the tremendous work on our speedometer. It arrived today. You may have set the high speed limit a bit high though........ :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Rob,

Russ does top notch work and is an absolute pleasure to talk to / deal with. I am honored to have done business with him.

-Joe

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/646301.html?1464543685

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

I bough a rebuilt speedometer set-up from Russ a few months ago. It works perfectly and I am very satisfied.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Joe and Stephen.
Russ has rebuilt several brass speedometers for us and friends. He is indeed a top notch craftsman, and person.

We are fortunate to have folks like him in our hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Rob,
That's just set there so when folks look over the dash they can say, "WOW!! you can go THAT fast????"
Your response is up to you. . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 07:26 am:

Thanks for the nice comments. I enjoy taking a non-functional unit and make it work again.

Rob, push the button on the bottom of the speedometer and the maximum hand should return to zero...a neat function of the Jones Speedometer. Also, please keep your Model K under 100 mph!!!

Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 07:30 am:

When the season's over I'll be sending Russ mine from my '13. All of a sudden the odometer part quit but the trip meter and speedo still work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Do you have the metal tag that goes on the back of the car, which informs the police office you have a "tell tale" speedometer that can show the maximum speed attained since last reset?

I have a 60mph Jones tell tale and tag for my '10 non-T, haven't installed it yet...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:28 am:

I was invited to Russ's home on the way to the Albuquerque tour for dinner, and a tour of his place. He has probably the finest garage and workshop I have ever seen. It was and evening to remember. Thanks Russ and Kathy!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration