AC Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: AC Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:00 am:

I have a set of small drum AC repop brakes bought several years ago and would like to change them from cable operated to brake rod operated. Has anyone done this and how. Looks like I could take a clevis end and reform it to fit around the brake part and drill then for a pen. I have a brake rod equalizer and will use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:23 am:

Can you post a picture of the top of your brake arm?

I use a cable on my original ACs, but there is a bolt hole near the end of the arm that could be drilled larger to take a clevis and pin if I so desired.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Nothing wrong with cable. If you Google MTFCA; AC brakes you should get a lot of info on what and how people have hooked them up. If the arms are like the one Mark shows then there's a chance they are original not repo's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Here are some pics of my equalizer/cable setup. There was some initial concern expressed about the long U-shaped bracket bolted to the bottom of the equalizer, but it has held up fine in over two years and 2000 miles of regular driving. :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

Thanks to all, my brake arm is different from the above, a fat solid piece with a hole for the cable and setscrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Hey Jim, Rich Baughman (916-652-7827) makes a solid rod linkage kit that you can just bolt right on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Just installed some of Rich's.

Worked great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Rich's are great and you do not have to drill any holes to mount them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration