My new fun projects drive shaft

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My new fun projects drive shaft
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:17 am:

My new Fun Projects drive shaft arrived yesterday.

A perfect fit! The Fun Projects spool bearings were a tight press fit and when the shaft was assembled into the drive shaft tube, the U-joint pin hole was dead center in the access hole!

John Regan has produced an excellent and accurate part!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Do any other suppliers besides Lang's sell the Fun Projects driveshaft? My travels don't take me to Massachusetts much but I do pass near Gaslight and some other establishments.

If not, then I have another item for my Hershey list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Can't you just order from him? If you buy from someone else they have to add transportation cost to their price to get it to them and then you pay transportation to get it to you. As new as these are, do the dealers even have them in stock yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:51 am:

http://www.funprojects.com/default.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:57 am:

I bought mine directly from John Regan at Fun Projects. John told me that they will also be available from Langs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 03:22 pm:

Who knows?

If I buy it directly from John and convince him to let me pick it up there, then I have the start of a good western road trip. The last time I drove out to see Dave Huson, I spent a night in York Nebraska and found the Chances R restaurant and then the Prairie Museum the next morning. I also met Steve at Bert's and came home with a trunk full of brake drums. Maybe include a stop at Bob's and a stop at the Cadbury plant is in order.

Buying parts is kind of like that faucet commercial where the lady says "I want you to design a house around this".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Cadbury? as in the Chocolate people? If so you need to read the email I got the other day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Hello Tom Miller:

You had better watch for the Cadury bunch. The email I have show's bunch of girls and they all weigh in excess of 400 to 500 lbs each. Just one would be to much for most T's.
These girls look like they sure do eat a lot of Cadury Chocolate.
WARNING-WARNING!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Honestly I've never visited the Cadbury plant down the street from Bob's in Loves Park, IL. However, I can't promise I won't if my missus comes along for the ride.

Ever since she retired she complains that my friends and I look like we're having too much fun after a road trip. She wants to go instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

I wish the email I got was about big girls. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Why do we always have to wait for John to do something right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Larry, I think your question is rhetorical but when someone tells you their part is made to the Ford drawings and clearly it is not, that pi$$es some people off. It turns out none more than John Regan, especially when the "spurious" part affects the proper use of his part!

When someone says that "no one will pay for a quality part" I say B.S. What is the economy in having to buy two parts to get one that actually fits?

I sincerely appreciate what John Regan has done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

When offered the choice, I always buy the "superior quality" part. A car repair is much less fun the second time... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

John S is right about the fact that some of us WILL spend extra to get parts that don't have to be re-engineered to work. I get frustrated when 3 or 4 vendors have what appears to be the same part for sale but when you order the part and get it in your hand you realize.... Not all parts are equal. Its the right part BUT not by a manufacturer that you know and trust.
Competition may help keep the price of goods down, but a poor quality part being sold as quality part just puts extra change in the pocket of the manufacturer of the poor part at the expense of the consumer and the supplier of quality parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 12:37 am:

IMHO John provides excellent quality replacement parts that are far superior to the original parts. He does have the advantage of about 100 years of engineering advances. I have no idea why we have to listen to someone who can not understand that bearings have improved over the last century, and would never use John's parts, consistently bitch about them? YMMV but I would never rebuild a T rear end with the original drive shaft bearings and races. They have a history of failure. I drive my cars and don't want to be on the side of the road when the original bearing or race craps out. Several members of this forum have reported failures of these original bearings.

(Message edited by paulmikeska on July 14, 2016)

(Message edited by paulmikeska on July 14, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration