What Model T's had the fuel feed pipe routed inside the frame rail? (And is there documentation available)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What Model T's had the fuel feed pipe routed inside the frame rail? (And is there documentation available)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:46 am:

I have seen people on the forum over the years occasionally mention they like to route their fuel lines inside the frame rail between the crank case arms and frame.

My question is: Are there Models/years that Ford actually routed their fuel lines this way, or is this just "personal preference"?

The Ford Service Manual shows the line routed between the crank-case arm & hogshead. The 2 frame-off firetruck restorations I have done also had their original tin-plated seamed brass fuel lines and both were routed exactly as shown in the Service Manual.

I would be real interested to hear what years/models were routed differently, and if there is good documentation available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Here's a picture from a 1922 Ford service bulletin showing the fuel line routed inside the frame rail:

uu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 09:42 am:

I don't think the illustration above is that accurate, even though it is genuine Ford. The early crankcase arm blocks had a rabbet on the top to clear the upper crankcase arm bolt. This illustration doesn't show that. The bottom side of the block had a bevel, and perhaps that is what is shown in this illustration, even though it appears to me to be a rabbet. It is also interesting to note, that the runabout is still called a torpedo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 09:58 am:

My '14 the fuel line goes between the crankcase arm and the frame thru the rabbet in the wood block, like Larry said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

1909 - 1911 fuel line runs on top of the frame rail.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration