Its time for me to step away

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Its time for me to step away
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

After many years in the Model T hobbie I'm stepping down. I have the onset of COPD (Never smoked a day in my life) and some other medical conditions and its just getting to hard for me to drive the old girl. It wasn't an easy choice as I'v finally got the T where I really wanted it. I already sold my 23 TT and my Smith Form a Truck so the Touring car is the last. Iv put her on the classifieds to trade for something a little easier to drive. Most of the work on it has been professionally done. If you guys hear of someone that's wants to have a great little car mine would be one that would be hard to top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

Sorry to hear that Will. It sure is hard to get old. Seems every day there is something else we just can't do as well or enjoy as much as we once did. Good luck with your sale and hope for the best with the health issues.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

All the best to you Mr. Copeland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Perhaps a move to AZ where you don't have to chew the air b4 you breath it in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Will I'm sorry to hear of the decision you had to make. And I have to agree with Jerome..I know its hard to uproot and make a distant move but he is right! My mom had COPD and CHF and were it not for them moving to AZ she would never had lived the 25 years that she did there. Seriously consider it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Will, I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope you're able to find something to replace your model t that better suits your health concerns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Will, I'm sorry to hear of your illness. We enjoy your posts, and you don't have to own or drive a Model T to continue as an enthusiast. I hope you stay as a regular on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Will,

As Rob says, we don't want to see you go. Whether you own a T or not, you are "Model T Guy" and Model T guys stick together. You're a member of all our extended families. Stay with us.

Hoping you find you treatments to help you feel better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

I hate to hear that and we are praying you will get better. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Will, Sorry to hear about the health issues. Will hate to see you go "So don't go" Even without a T you are still a T guy. And the advice about Arizona is good advice. My aunt moved there with her COPD and it really helped her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Heavy Sigh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Sorry to learn of your health issues Will, hope you can strike a balance and keep enjoying the things you like to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 12:50 am:

Haven't you had a bad enough year?
Keep the T, or sell it. But continue to hang around here with your friends! Moving to Arizona (or similar climate) works well for some people. However, for others, it is too far from family they want to be near. That decision has to be yours. Whether you stay where you are, or move where the health is better? Stay as active as you can. Maybe (probably?) some local T people would like to have you ride with them. Over the years, I have known quite a few people to stay in the hobby by doing that. I always said that I would never do that. However, I actually have recommended doing that to other people many times. And I still recommend it.
Do take good care of you!
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 08:37 am:

I have an idea how you feel Will, after smoking forty eight years there is no COPD but a minor stroke has my left leg gimpy.
Most of my time is spent up keeping home and cars but its all most to much any more. The exercise feels good so I will keep doing it. Take care and good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Thanks guys. Moving isn't an option for me so I'm stuck here in sunny Florida. I took the T for a short ride today until the heat and humidity got the best of me. I did do a little work on the neighbor's car today, nothing big, just front brakes in his air conditioned garage. I think I got my problem from second hand smoke. Both my parents died from smoking so I guess living in a home full of smoke and then the smoke from a wood furnace for 30 years didnt help. It started as Asthma and has progressed over the years. Now just walking to the mail box can get rough bad days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Sorry to read that, Will! COPD is a cruel and unpredictable disease. Hope you can hold it at bay for a loooong time! Best wishes!
Roar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

All too familiar with some of that stuff. My younger brother was a lifelong severe asthmatic. He finally passed about three years ago from a variety of health related issues. Our parents were both non-smokers, and our home was always smoke free. All the time we were growing up, we had to deal with his health issues. Probably part of the reason I was a non-smoker my whole life.
Do take the best care of you that you can! (And stick around here as well!)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

I should be pushing up daisies with my bad habits and life long work in disaster repair--------every thing from asbestos to burned contents and burned homes was shoveled into dumpsters along with many years of cleaning car parts. Blood pressure hangs around 120 over 68 and one pill of Lipitor a day is my required medicine. Grew up in a non smoking and non drinking home. What the answer is would be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Paul - "God only knows", and I mean that literally! When you get to be our age, every day is a gift!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration