No longer Fast Frank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: No longer Fast Frank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

#22 went to a very good home at a T family that needed a good Speedster. It won every hill climb it was ever entered in, in its class and even beat Howard Genrich's BBR Rajo by 4/100ths of a second in a hill climb. Purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion when you get it on. eBay didn't sell it and the offer there would not even pay for the Buffalo wheels and new Firestone tires, tubes and boots along with the Layne Warford and custom thick radiator. That would make the car and the trick engine for free. Some people will never learn. So the buyer found it on this web site and fell in love with it.

We hated to sell it but I had only driven it 200 miles in the last three years and it just had to go.

22 and 7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

You will always be Fast Frank on here and with those that know of your exploits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Fast Frank good news it found a good home

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

You're in the Speedster Hall of Fame as Fast Frank, so that doesn't change whatever cars you may have :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/HOF/hof2013.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 12:55 am:

Forever, you ARE Fast Frank!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 01:13 am:

It will always be known as Frank's Car. It now has provenance !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 01:39 am:

Glad it found a good home. I was surprised it didn't attract more attention on eBay, but selling off this site is even better, as the new owner is more likely to respect it. And yes, you'll always be "Fast Frank" around here!
Now to find your steamboat a good home. I'd love for it to be here, but I know it's outa my price range! I have regretted selling Mikahala for a long time now, however, I was having a hard time keeping ahead of the wood hull maintenance. 12' double-ender, Blackestaffe-Wood Steeple compound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 02:09 am:

Great to know it has gone to a new home. Some folk don't know a terrific speedster when it is right in front of them! The new owner will just have to come to grips with the fact that he now owns Fast Franks car!It will always be known as yours. That's just how it is the world over with Model T's. In the ultimate tribute, a mate of mine has named his car after the last owner of 30 years! Perhaps your car will be called Frank!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Here it is on the trailer yesterday :<(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ockert van der Berg on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Hi Frank
I am sure glad to have met you and had the opportunity to have a ride in No22 a few year back when visiting from Switzerland.
Now back in South Africa and starting the new projects. The new owner is surely getting a sweet ride!

Kind regards
Ockert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Thanks Ockert, that was a fun day back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 02:48 am:

Frank, once fast, always fast, you are a legend with or without your #22. The new owner is lucky to be its next steward. No one who understands its provenance will ever separate it from you. How is the Egsgaard engine coming together? I sure would like to see it run for you. Bob is taking good care of the rest of his race car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

You will always be Fast Frank even when you need a walker. Just ask Humble Howard. Two of a kind. We love you. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

Why is the new owner a secret?
I mean, if anyone sees the car,they know it was Franks!
I know if I was able to afford such a nice toy,I would be jumping up and down and cackling like a chicken that found a big grub worm and pictures of my new toy would be here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Whomever the current caretaker is is immaterial. As far as No.22 goes Frank has lived it, done it and has bragging rights forever. The title doesn't vanish into thin air because the status has changed. If that was the case, sport and/or motorsport history would be constantly deleting and updating ... and thankfully there is only updating.

The pig however can be deleted !!

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Garnet, just for old time sake here it is again.

pig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Here's the new (and old) owners:
B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Yes frank. You shall always be fast to us Eric and I. I appretate all the stuff I have gotten to purchase from you. Eric and I are off to Utah. To make t. History. With the wild cherry,3 more races and its parked. Yes I need to focus on the egsgaard. Body suspension Car etc I have fronty pan. A crank. And all the parts. Just lacking time so after history is made with the wild cherry the next time it will appear is Nebraska At smiitty built Speedster reunion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

I thought Mary always called you "Fast Frank" :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Dennis it now takes me all night to do once what I once did all night

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration