Need schmatic of ignition switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need schmatic of ignition switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Blum on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

I am looking for the internal wiring of the ignition switch for my 26 Tudor. I am wanting to do a function test, but the car is in pieces so I just want to know what terminals are switched to what terminals in the different switch positions.

Thanks, Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

See if this works for you, not my drawing, found elsewhere on the forum:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

The connections are named on the back side of the switch.
This is a modern repro, but old originals are also marked.

Jj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Blum on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

What I am trying to find out is of the terminals
DIM, TAIL, MAG, COIL, BAT and Double BAT
is what terminals are connected internally in the positions
BAT, DIM, OFF, ON and MAG.

For instance I would assume that in DIM position that terminals BAT would be connected to terminal DIM to provide power to the lights.

I have drawings of newer car key switches and they sometimes provide a table that shows what is connected to what in the different positions. That way I can OHM out the switch and make sure it's good before buying a new one.

Thanks, Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Look at the green and red color codes in the upper right hand corner of the picture I posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 02:33 am:

Mark, thats a drawing from Martin Vowell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Yes it is, sorry Martin for not giving you credit in the first place. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 10:00 am:

For the improved T, Dykes Manual for 1929 offers the same electrical diagram on pages 1120, 1125, 1139C and 1139D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 10:46 am:

I'll bet Dykes even spelt Continuity correctly :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Blum on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

Thanks Tom, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration