OT blocking a seller on e-bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT blocking a seller on e-bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:12 am:

Anyone know how to block a seller when you search model t on e-bay motors. This person is just over powering the model t search with gear shift knobs. I did block a seller a while ago, but I can not remember how I did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:31 am:

Earlier I just searched for "model t" and choose "ebay motors" to get pure model T stuff (and some alu radiators) to browse, but nowadays I have to write "model t" -knob, then choose ebay motors to get the same result. Sorting by "ending soonest" or "newly listed" refines the result further :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:36 am:

Boy I wish I knew because I'm with you on this one. Apparently this seller invested lots of money into those ridiculous knobs and due to the amount of listings he/she is desperate to get rid of them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:43 am:

Then add -knobs after whatever you enter in the search box.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:57 am:

On the left hand side of your screen you can select search options. Choose "used" for condition. It will eliminate all the poo that you don't want to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 08:52 am:

When you do a search on ebay, a list of search refinements appears on the left hand side of the screen.

Scroll down and click on "more refinements".

Scroll down and click on "seller".

A box will appear that will allow you to exclude seller(s) by name.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:29 am:

After you do all the settings that are recommended above, bookmark it, or save it as a Favorite so the next time you are surfing T-bay you can quickly cut through the clutter.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 10:46 am:

One of the ways I eliminated the late model, non T stuff was to add the word "-fits" to my search. I got rid of stuff that is non T and garbage. I don't know why EBAY can't find another category for "hot rods". I think they are fine all though they are no longer Model T's or never were but somehow have a title for model T. While I'm at it, I wish EBAY would leave things alone and stop "improving" their search applications. It is obvious that the ones that write the search engines do not know anything about cars!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brewer - NorCal on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Another user posted this search string a while back- it seems to work pretty well for me:

model t ford -fits -cd -decal -sign -fiberglass -bucket -chevy -taurus -mustang -alternator -H@T -radio

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Using "-fits" gets rid of a huge chunk of stuff like seat covers, floor mats etc even when looking at new parts. I have tried adding a seller to my block list in the past but the same seller uses maybe several different spellings of the same name to get around people doing that.
Bob has some great deals on ebay but most of the time I don't see them because even using -fits still get just too much crap, I only look at used most of the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Slight thread drift, but maybe someone can help. When doing a search, is there a way to get your search results to appear in "ending soonest" order first instead of "best match"? I get the feeling eBay isn't sure what the definition of "best match" is, since it's usually a part from a different car, or at least a part from the other end of the car. That is neither best nor match.

When I'm searching for parts, the steering knobs all seem to come up at the same time. I just scroll past them. I guess when he doesn't sell the stupid things they all end up relisted in rapid fire so they all end up in the same place on the search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Yes, set up the search the way you want, including "ending soonest" or whatever, then select "save this search".

Then go to your Ebay summary and you will see that the search has been saved in your "saved searches".

I have about five saved searches that I use routinely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

This is what I use to really filter out the crap:

ford model t -ertl -photo -die -kellogs -scale -sign -magazine -japanese -diecast -amt -postcard -revell -picture -matchbox -book -hot -buckle -ad -photograph -key -digest -fits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Thanks for all the input

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Brian; while some of that stuff will show up, do your search thru ebay motors if your not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration