Help Me Identify

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help Me Identify
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:41 am:

What year is this side light? Embossed on top is E&J Detroit MI Patent December 9 1908. I believe they are 1913 or 1914 but not sure. ThanksE&J Side and Tail Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 07:30 am:

I can't quite tell if there's a red jewel or not...not a very clear picture. If there is, it's a '13. From what I have learned, the '14s had no red jewel in the back. Took me forever to find a red-jeweled sidelight for my '13 to match the other one. Someone had put the wrong one on the car at some point in time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Thanks Tim,
Yes there is a red jewel, so I assume it's a 1913. Now I need to start the refurbishing processes. I have the two sidelights and tail light, however I need to find a kerosene bowl for the tail light. Nice looking group of cars on your profile page!
Thanks for getting back to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Your welcome David and thanks for the compliment. BTW...your '15 looks super too. I have a bad habit of looking at the profile after I've posted and closed, then can't comment "up front"!! :-)
I MIGHT have what you need, gotta rummage through the pile of stuff. I'll let you know. I'm assuming it too is an E & J. '13s often come with a mix of brands. Mine is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

The 2 sidelights and tail light are all E&J. A lady had them in her garage and donated them to a thrift store to sell. The lady was in her 90's probably from a relatives car. I told the person at the thrift store if she had the car the lights came from I'd be interested in it too! She enjoyed the humor, I think. Let me know if you find the bowl. Thanks again David Tipton

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration