Peterson's Ford Garage, Portland ME-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Peterson's Ford Garage, Portland ME-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Hey Royce, how old are you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Looks brand new, the weeds haven't even had time to grow yet! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:41 am:

I have an original photo of that dealership with a 1915 Model T touring in front of the building. Always wondered where it was. Used the photo for the look of my building for my cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Wow what a cool picture. Anyone know where that picture is from or was taken? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

Ummm - perhaps Portland, Maine? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

I always have the answer when someone asks "Are you the original owner?" when I am out with one of the T's. I reply "since the car is a hundred years old how old would that make me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Looks like the Peterson didn't last long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Wow sorry. Didn't see it at the top. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

The Peterson Ford dealership building is now the Portland Housing Authority. 329 Forest Avenue. The front is not easily distinguished

However, the four crawl space vents that show just in front of the two gents standing there about 100 years ago on the side of the dealership are still visible today. The glass windows have been bricked in but you can see where they were.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Doubt that there is anything relative about it, but there is a Peterson Ford still in Oconto Falls, WI.
http://www.petersonford.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

>Looks like Peterson didn't last long<

As a young man Louis Peterson was one of my great-grandfather's hired hands, and married my grandfather's sister (the boss' daughter) in 1903. He died in 1927 in a speedboat accident on Sebago Lake, Maine; the undated newspaper clipping I have from my grandmother's scrapbook about the speedboat accident says Louis was owner of the Ford garage in partnership with his brother, and was also a real estate investor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

I wonder if it still says Peterson Motor Co. underneath that new awning?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

The wealth and diversity of the knowledge of "things" that is contained in these Forum postings continues to amaze me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration