Warner Lamp Company Fodrektafier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Warner Lamp Company Fodrektafier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Well, I think I answered my question. In 1916, William Warner applied for a patent to allow Ford owners to use and recharge a 6volt battery for electric lights in Ford card. The device went on sale in 1917 and appeared in journals till about 1921 under his companies name. The device appeared to lose favour after 1919 when FMC opted to sell cars with a generator and electric starter. Attached is an illustration of his electrolytic rectifier, and a (fuzzy) picture of the assembly including a new dash to equip a Model T with electric lights and rechargeable battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

I sold the dash for that system at Chickasha this year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration