Slighty OT, anyone looking for a Hydraulic Shop Press?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Slighty OT, anyone looking for a Hydraulic Shop Press?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Just in case anyone needs one, Harbor Freight has a 20 ton shop press on sale for $159.99. I know, stuff is made "overseas" but not much can go wrong with a shop press, except maybe the hydraulic jack.
I know I find my 10 ton press quite useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

I got 20 years of good occasional hobby use out of my HF shop press, then the hydraulic cylinder blew a seal. Tossed the cylinder and bought a nearly exact replacement at Lowe's, press is now good as new. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

I am I'm Eric Barrett's friend Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

Robert,
Huh?? Or are you saying you drop by Eric's if you need a press?
That works too!!
BTW,He's also a friend of mine, but the hour drive to his place kinda puts the kibosh on running over there for a small project for me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Had a 10 ton from hf and at around 9 tons all the metal structure turned to plastic and started to sqwish every wich way. Had to weld supports all over it. Ended giving it to some I didnt like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

I've never had to exceed 2 1/2 tons pressure on any model T work I've done. Can't imagine having to press using 10 tons pressure. Am I misreading my guages?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

The 20T HF presses are built way better than their 10T presses. I have a 20 Ton and bought it on a sale for the same price a year ago. It is a great press for the money and will serve general stuff with ease. I have used it to press on bearings on modern car projects.

Now if you were considering trying to press stuck spring perches out of a front axle, that may or may not hold up. Some of those buggers are in there real good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration