What are these for? 26 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are these for? 26 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Are these hooks for gypsy curtains or something else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Will, they are for side curtains., Im not 100% sure they are not for 26-27 Improved models , but I have never seen them listed or used on 26-27 models. I believe they are correct for 1915 to 1925. The "gypsy curtains" will attach to the "lift the dot" fasteners, and do not use a clip like you show. By the way, that is a nice photo showing the very early "notched" windshield post used on early 1926 Improved open cars. It shows the "notch" area very clearly against the lighter body panel. I would like to "copy" it for my files on the Improved models .... if you do not mind .... have fun and be safe Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Hi Donnie,
This image is from McCalley page 394. ( I hope I'm not infringing on anyone rights). the clips are from my early '26. A while back you were asking about '26 front fenders and the different changes made. I have my '26 fenders here but they are at the shop. I could go take a picture of them on Monday if that will help you.
Here are some images of my stanchions. Maybe not as clear but a least they are my images,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Will, Thanks for the pictures. I would love to see a good photo of your fenders. Im interested in the inside view of the area that the splash apron attaches to. There are at least three different known variations of the inner re-inforcement to that area. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration