TT worm gears

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT worm gears
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Does anyone reproduce these? I would prefer a high speed set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

This thread from 2009 indicated that someone had just started offering new ones.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/92828.html?1243056375

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

There was just a thread about a month ago that more will be made, about $2000 a set or something like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Try Brian Moriarty on his web page for snowmobile parts:

http://www.nhsnocar.com/collections/model-t-rear-end-44/products/tt-spiral-worm- 5-1-7tooth-used

or

NHSnowCar@gmail.com

It's funny the high gears cost less than the 7:1 gears, apparently the low ratio makes sense for snowmobiles, but it is difficult to find them in good condition. I can somewhat attest to this I have a number of TT rears with the low gears and they are always worn quite a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

High speed worm gears have 6 teeth and not 7 as stated on the snowmobile site (4 teeth on the low speed worm). The high speed ring gears have 31 teeth and the low speed have 29.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration