5/8 fowlers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 5/8 fowlers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Canright on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

I am looking for at least four excellent shape fowlers with the 5/8 holes. My wooden spokes are the 5/8 diameter. I found my Model T without tires or tubes and the car was resting in the ground. All of the fowlers are rusted through. You can contact me through e-mail; usa.oldglory@gmail.com

Thank you for all of your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Do you mean felloes?

I see in your profile that your car is a 1926 touring, so I'm assuming that it would have had 21 inch demountable split rims, mounted on wood spoke wheels with metal felloes, like this (not my car, just a picture I found from elsewhere on the forum).

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

I guess I don't know what a fowler is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Canright on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

yes that is correct. Felloes is what I'm looking for. I'm new with the Model T lingo. My car has 21 inch demountable split rims mounted on wood spoke wheels with the holes in the felloes are 5/8 of an inch.

Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

One who hunts birds?? :-) (OK, I should be doing something constructive instead of this!)
Marc, it really sounds like you might be better off finding some complete wheels, they are around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

I went to school with a Dave Fowler. He had a sister. With Mom and Pop, that would
make for four Fowlers. However, I am not sure what they would think of this request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

I still have a bunch,but I would classify them as "rough".It would be expensive to ship them,but if you know someone coming your way,I would gladly donate them to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

You might try contacting Mark Friemiller at Model T Haven, he might have some.

http://www.modelthaven.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Those wheels are quite plentiful. Try the swap meets. I don't know when or where they would have swap meets in the Pacific Northwest, but unless you are in a big hurry, the more local meets would be fine. You also might try posting in the wanted classified on the forum and someone could help you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Felloe isn't a Model T term it predates the T by many, many years. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Marc.......keep an eye on gunman63 at ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gunman63/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid =p2053788.m1543.l2654

He specializes in improved T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

By the way, if you're going to be buying new spokes anyway, you don't have to limit yourself to the 5/8 inch hole size felloes. The vendors sell spokes for 21 inch wheels with 5/8 and 1/2 inch tenons. Not absolutely necessary, but probably a good idea to get a set of four felloes that match, either 5/8 or 1/2 inch holes. :-)

https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/tire-wheels-bearings-and-caps/wood-whee l-and-parts/spokes/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Rather than buying spokes from one of the parts dealers, I'd get them from Stutzman for about half the price. I agree that matching felloes would be best. I like to avoid unnecessary complications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Have several "fowlers" 28ga to 11ga most are flintlock and yes I use them all the time
But this is a t and tt so I assuming you ment "Fellows" sorry can't help there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 11:03 am:

If you can't find good used felloes, these folks make new ones. http://www.americanvintagerims.com/ Just tell them what size you want and the diameter for the spokes. They asked me if I wanted them to punch the spoke holes, and I said yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 03:40 am:

Sorry Marc.....It can be a tough crowd :-)
But they're all good and they don't really bite ....much.
You're in Bonney Lake, WA. You might try contacting Tom Carnegie at the Antique Auto Ranch in Spokane.
www.antiqueautoranch.com or on FB at www.facebook.com/AntiqueAutoRanch/

You also might try Dave Seiler in Brea, CA. He builds great wheels. I just had a set of 4 respoked and they were very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Andria is correct about this being a tough crowd -

You fellows are a fowl group when it comes to discussing felloes and round things.

After all, the Ford emblem is mostly oval.

I would have said that it is oval, but someone would show and emblem that is round and someone else would find a square one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration