A nice surprise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A nice surprise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Messing around in the shop I heard voices. It turned out to be forum member Bob Hester and his brother-in-law Larry. Bob is visiting Kansas, and while the wives were out antiquing the guys drove down here from Wichita to see a walking antique.

Larry took this shot of Bob and me. Always fun to have Model T enthusiasts drop in for a visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

I always hear voices when I am out in my shop too. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Congratulations! Did you put them to work? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Yep, a visit to the "Geezer" has to be in the top ten Model T things to do and see in the United States. I'm hoping when I visit Steve he'll have some "Geezer" merchandise for sale...shop coat, overalls, hat, "I've met the Geezer" T-shirts, etc.

If only somehow he could make it into the media in Japan or China; I'm certain with the right marketing strategy he would have bus loads if visitors every week. Good boost for the local economy, plus Steve could start buying NOS plugs rather than using beaten up X plugs he pulls out of rusting farm wrecks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

Plant some Pokemon on his property and he'll have more visitors than he can handle (or wants)! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Steve buy NEW plugs??? Even if he won the Lotto, he'd still buy used plugs!!
:-)
And I would too!! :-)
But, Steve, you ARE missing out on "hobby cash" if you don't sell some "I've met the Geezer" merchandise. Maybe you can get Rich Eagle to do you some artwork?
BTW, I don't mention the voices to anyone else (except T folks, who understand)--they just don't understand and then they look at me weird. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

"I have met the geezer and he is me". Honestly guys I can't call Steve a geezer since I've got about a year on him. Our trip was planned and executed in a short span of time and I didn't get a pm off to him to get his address, phone number, etc. I'm visiting cousins in Belle Plaine, KS so I told my cousin we could just drive down to Parkerfield and drive around until we find his house. So we did just that. Had a great time visiting with Steve. We checked out his various projects and had some good conversation. He was busy in his shop and we just introduced ourselves and burned up a couple hours of his daylight.

When I return to Kansas I'll certainly go bother him again. I hope to see him in Florida one of these days.

I love the forum. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Bob and Larry:
When I visited Steve in 2012 on the way to Lawton I think I heard him talking to, but not sure who it was. Only thing I agreed to take him to lunch and I bought-great eater also.
Steve is a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet and visit with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

I try to stay alert enough to take a picture of visitors. Somehow I missed Bud Holzschuh, so he has to come back. Here's Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 12:49 am:

I figure it'd be worth a drive to Kansas just to purchase the "I've met the geezer" t-shirt. As a matter of fact, I'd give up a 25 ft tape measure and $0.63 for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:10 am:

Here's "My Geezer " Souvenir sitting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:04 am:

If we use the Michelin star scale, the Geezer is a 2 star destination on a US tour: Worth a detour.
It's on my list....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:47 am:

I haven't been to Steve's place in KS. But here is my my "Proof of Geezer" meeting <3

Steve bibs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration