Wedding Pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wedding Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tanner Givens - Indianapolis, IN on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Thanks to the wise guidance from many of you on this forum, I was able to get my family's T looking a bit better in time for my wedding. Unfortunately, the engine needs rebuilt so it will be a little while before I can take it on tour. I thought I would share some pictures as a bit of a thank you for all the support I've received.

Thanks again!Yes those license plate colors are correctI'm holding a picture of my great grandfather next to the T. He was about to go on parade in a top hat and tuxedoMy groomsmen had to give us a push as we left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Great pics, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tanner Givens - Indianapolis, IN on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Here's what it looked like after sitting in my grandfathers barn for 40 years. Rats had taken up residence in the seats and it had a nice layer of dirt all around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

Great you could use it at your wedding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

What great picture. Very good story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Great pictures....Now we need a new generation to take over

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Thank you Grandpa!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

This is why he kept that old car in the garage all those years - until someone in the family appreciated the car and brought it back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

NICE! The bride looks pretty good also.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Good on ya and your off to a good start! We hope to make 50 years married in May.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

If she thinks riding around in your T is cool........she's a keeper....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Tanner,

What a special time -- congratulations. Focusing on building a strong marriage will pay years of dividends for both of you. One of the resources that has helped me relate better to my wonderful wife is, “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage” see the first video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntk1Tl7dscI The first minute should help you know if you think it will be a presentation that would be helpful to you or not. From your previous posting it sounds like you either just finished college or you may have a few more semesters. Be sure to finish as it opens so many doors in the job market.

Note Model T Fords in general tend to store well. And it looks like your car was inside a dry barn – that should be a big help. Unlike the modern cars that have hydraulic brakes that tend to go bad over many years in storage the T doesn’t have that much that will go bad. Assuming the water was drained or antifreeze was added and that the cylinders etc. were oiled well before it was put up. You may find that the car needs a lot of work – or perhaps just a lot of cleaning up. My Dad purchased a T from a junkyard and the engine was frozen. But after a week or so of soaking it in kerosene, it turned over “ok”. And it had been rebuilt not too long before it went to the junk yard as it had lots of shims on the rods bearings etc.. It actually ran good.

Once all of that is completed, please take a look at the Forum posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html and let me know if you find a body number or body letter.

Again congratulations and best wishes for many happy memories.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Wonderful job. Congratulations on making great memories.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration