Timer "Find"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Timer "Find"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Was rummaging in an antique store today and picked up a timer for 5 bucks. Its Ford Script, cast, with a spring-lid oiler (not the flapper top type). Its got a gap between one of the contacts and the roller surface but is otherwise in excellent shape.

What year(s) would this have come from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

I think I answered my own question....16 to 19?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

Apparently the cast iron timers were used on all production 1916 and '17 while some of the production got the new pressed steel design in 1918. All production got pressed steel timer cases from 01-28-19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Thanks Roger!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Production dates sound right as early Fordson tractors have the same cast iron cap but with FORDSON lettering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

interesting. This one is just a plain "Ford." I am sure they are common but I had never seen a cast one before.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration