OT, Thanks to Microsoft Awards I'm RICH, I'm RICH!!! Riiiight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT, Thanks to Microsoft Awards I'm RICH, I'm RICH!!! Riiiight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 01:18 am:

OH boy, if this were true, I'd be the new owner of Fast Frank's Steamboat, Tinkerbelle--and out of debt and. . . and. . . and. . .
I just got this email tonight titled,
" MICROSFT AWARD DEPARTMENT "
And the body is;

Microsoft Award 2016 16th Anniversary Presentation Centre,

branch office.

Congratulations!!!

This 17th day of July the entire staff of Microsoft Corporation (Promotion Department) wish to inform you that you have just been selected as a lucky winner from the Microsoft New-Year email draws that is usually held twice in every year.

Microsoft Corporation organize this promotion offer in other to compensate consumers of the product in the world at large for their infinite supports towards the growth of the company.

Hence you have won $850,000 USD (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars) and you are expected to fill and send back the following for claims:

====================================

Full Name.............

Address...............

Sex...................

Marital Status........

Age...................

Country...............

Occupation............

Telephone Numbers.....

SEND YOUR DETAIL: (richarddavidf1@gmail.com)

Congratulations!! Once again.

Yours in service,

The Award Team

(Microsoft Corporation)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain proprietary and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message"

OOPS, I broke that rule, didn't I????
OH WELL. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 01:42 am:

I would press on anyway. What could possibly go wrong ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 05:41 am:

Dear Mr. Dewey -
It is with deep regret that we must inform you that we have revoked your award.

We had printed the check, signed it and addressed the envelope. Then we learned of your "unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution" of the confidential email which has voided your eligibility.
The check will be awarded to the runner-up.

Regrettably,
The Award Team
(Microsoft Corporation)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 07:32 am:

Let's see?
Full Name.............I. M. Joker

Address............... Homeless in Seattle

Sex................... Maybe (used to be frequently)

Marital Status........ Yes

Age................... Old enough to know better

Country............... Yes I like Country (also like western)

Occupation............ Model T's

Telephone Numbers..... 1-800-547-6277 (kis-mass):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Interesting that Microsoft uses a Gmail account.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Andria,
Excellent!! LOL!!
GR Hmm, some of your responses are similar to what I thought of sending!! Scarey!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

"Interesting that Microsoft uses a Gmail account."

That's nothing, apparently my auto insurance company maintains an office in the Czech Republic. At least that's where the e-mail I got from them today originated....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Sorry, I'm Rich. You are David.
Rich

By the way, what is Microsoft and can I put one on my T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Rich - Haha. Memories...when I was a kid. When we told my Dad "I'm hungry" or "I'm tired" etc. He'd stretch out his hand "Hi hungry, I'm Jim. Glad to meet you". Uggghhh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Andria, my late wife and her siblings were not allowed to say "I'm hungry" when they were growing up in Holland. Their parents had lived through the depression followed not too long after by five years of occupation of the country. Their mother would answer, "You don't know what it is to be hungry." They had to use the Dutch equivalent of (roughly) "I'd like to eat."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

Rich and Andria---Our parents must have read the same book! Our resort had a natural sparkling water spring that we pumped to a fountain out by the road. One night when I was already in my PJ's ready for bed I asked my Dad, "Would you get a drink of soda water for me?" "When he said, "Sure!" I was quite surprised, but out the door he went. Came back in and told me, "Thank you David, that was a good drink!" "NOOO DAD!!!! For ME!!" I forget if he'd actually gotten me a glass while he was out, probably did, but I remember the lesson!
Rich, did you see my suggestion to Steve that he contact you to do some artwork for a "I saw the Geezer" memento?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

I missed your suggestion about artwork for Steve. A quick search found it. It is an interesting idea as Steve has a great face for a caricature.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Dick My wife went thru WW2 in Hungary, and she had a Dad that was farmer. They had to bury some of the food to keep from being taken by force. I guess that the Soldiers would take what ever was loose. So she was in that kind of life style. In 1946 they were kinds asked if they wanted to stay or leave and her father decided to leave and in ten (10) years in Germany they all had jobs and a house built. By 1956 she my Wife was in the USA and we were married in Dec '56.
It is funny we were just talking about what happened then 42 to 46 in Europe. Then I read your post. !Oh I think I saw a Sq and Compass on you rear license plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Bill, hearing the stories from my parents-in-law made me appreciate the difference between being in Europe during the war and being here. The Dutch refer to the winter of 1944-45 as the "Hongerwinter" (I assume I don't need to translate).

You saw the license plate correctly. Picked it up when I went to the East.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 03:39 am:

David & GR, regarding: "GR Hmm, some of your responses are similar to what I thought of sending!! Scarey!!"

As my grandmother used to say about my aunt and I: "Two great minds from the same gutter"

Re: all else to us kids - "and I had to walk 5 miles to school uphill - both ways - one way in the snow and the other in the desert ........."

Can you get a glass of soda water for ME too?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration