Wanted -What are your thoughts on putting a Model A crank in a T enginee

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wanted -What are your thoughts on putting a Model A crank in a T enginee
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:16 am:

What are your thoughts on putting a Model A crank in a T engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:44 am:

I saw a "performance" crank on Lang's website but the gains are so small that I'd rather stay with the original 2-up, 2-down original.

Heck, for $300 you could drop in a used driveline that quadruples the 20hp original. Next thing you know you're just building the world's most common hotrod. Ok if you want that, but lots of work to make it safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:48 am:

That's exactly what my car has plus hardened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:45 am:

Just buy a Scat. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 09:29 am:

The money required to machine a model a crankshaft still does not guarantee no failure. The scat crank is a bolt in and counter weighted as well. It is expensive but the value is there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Thanks everyone for your advice.Thanks Mike Bender for the other info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Scot
I've done it several times. Cheap and reliable solution, especially if you can do some of the work yourself. If you have to hire it all out, then a Scat is probably for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 07:18 am:

If you have to pay someone to hot tank, crack test, modify and grind an A crankshaft, you would be better off with a Scat in my opinion.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration