Engine rebuild in Utah?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine rebuild in Utah?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason - UT on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

I get the feeling Utah does not have a large demand for Model T engine rebuilds. What is the best place in the state or surrounding states?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Jason,
Try Bud Cheney in Idaho Falls.
Send me an e-mail.
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

A fellow in Murray, UT used to rebuild T and A engines. He had done them for Federal Mogul I believe and kept doing them after he retired. Bud Cheney bought most of his equipment and has been doing the babbit work for thirty some years. He has rebuilt a few hundred engines in Idaho, Utah and Montana. He attends many of their swap meets where he picks up and delivers engines. I have had him do 2 engines which worked fine. Bud does not use email but if you can't find him through Kevin, I can provide a phone number or address.
I have no connection with him other than being a customer and fellow club member.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

Richard,
I believe that was Arvel Parcell,he did my Depot Hack. He has since passed away.
I had Bud do the babbitt on a 1926 Model L Rumely I was working on last year and he does great work.
Hope that helps Jason,
Kevin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration