23 T Coupe in disassembled state

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 23 T Coupe in disassembled state
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Meadors 29 Palms CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

I have a 23 Model T Coupe some original, restored and new parts. All for sale anyone interested?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Your best bet is to post it over in the classifieds section with some more information and pictures.

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?3487/3487

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

1923 is an odd year for all Ts, and especially the coupes. It was transitional with both earlier and later features. The true '23 coupe looks like the earlier coupes, and about half of the so-called '23 coupes are actually '24 or '25 models. Somehow, several decades ago, someone created a reference with bad information in it, and many later coupes were misidentified and licensed or registered as earlier years. I have seen several 1925 coupes claimed as early as 1918, and no amount of original information, details, or serial numbers, and photos can convince some of the owners otherwise.
So, it would be best for you to clarify which year/style coupe you have. The 1923 would have the smaller firewall and low radiator. It would also have doors that open from the rear toward the front (suicide doors). The 1924 and '25 coupes have the larger firewall, and high radiator with the doors hinged at the front of the body (by the windshield) opening toward the rear.

I don't have pictures of the firewalls or dimensions of the radiator handy to share, but this is my April '24 coupe.

Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Hi Cecil,

Sometimes Model Year and Calendar Year can lead to confusion. This is my 1924 Model Year coupe built during the first week of November 1923. 1923 Model Year coupes have the doors hinged at the rear and 1924 and later are hinged at the front. The visor was off at the time this photo was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG100.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 02:48 am:

Here's my early 1923 Coupe - suicide doors, low radiator, sans fenders (but with an incorrect chrome radiator shell).

23 coupe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration