Great news! The Ton-tanic missed all the icebergs today! We mounted a rebuilt motor in my 26 TT along with a vintage Warford in tandem with its Ruckstell rear. It's been a bit of a learning curve (bending exhaust to clear the Warford cross brace, etc.) but we took it down the road today and it really moves along.
We tried an experiment. We left the Warford in overdrive and the Ruckstell in low while stopped. We then throttled up from low to high, let her gain some speed and then shifted the Ruckstell into high. It works great!
There are still a bunch of things to button up (readjust the bands, mount the fenders and hood, etc.) but it was smooth and fast! Hallelujah!